woensdag 24 oktober 2012

30-day challange: substance

So time for a new project then ^^ It has been a while. Just this weekend I found out about some "new" technologie wich I would like to try out so I figured I'd build a little 30-day project around it (30 in a way that in 30 days the trial will end, so that is kind of my deadline).
The stuff I found is called substance by Allegorithmic (http://www.allegorithmic.com/) it's a method to produce dynamical shaders. It is supported by both Maya and Unity (also on runtime!). So I got really excited about it!
So for this 30-day project I'm going to build my own little pod-racer a lá Star Wars. The first few days were spend watching tutorials on using Substance. Now it's on to build the model and than later on make the substance shader en then use it in Unity. So the final product will be a dynamic shader in Unity ^^. I really hope I can pull this together.
For now I'll start by showing what I've don so far and that is the first sketch I made and a little bit of modeling:



The model isn't going to be to complicated because my main focus is on substance. But I still want to use it for my portfolio so it should at least look nice =)

That's all for now. I'm planning on updating this some more than I did the last couple of months.

Rick

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten